Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pre-teen needs musical audition advice and FAST!?

I'm a pre-teen, auditioning for an upcoming production of peter pan. It's in a few days, so I need some backup advice. First, any song suggestions? I'm a guy, not much a mutured voice yet, so not the deepest song. I don't like low and slow, so none of that please! And second, any Ideas for a monolouge? Any will do but I would like it to be comedic, if possible. Anybody that answers is a big help!Pre-teen needs musical audition advice and FAST!?
Star's answer for a song is probably your best choice. It's upbeat, and fun. If you were going for a slower song, I'd suggest ';Not While I'm Around'; from Sweeney Todd.





Monologue wise? Have you considered something classical like Romeo %26amp; Juliet? In my personal experience, directors love it when you use a classic-and challenge yourself.





Best of luck! :DPre-teen needs musical audition advice and FAST!?
I dont know about songs for you but for a monologue that is funny and very well established, you can do one of Puck's monologues from Midsummer nights Dream.
I Just Can't Wait to be King (Lion King) should work for your voice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment